? ??????????????The Only? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.6 (36 Ratings)??54 Grabs Today. 32227 Total Grabs. ??????P
review?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Ticking Time Bomb? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.7 (23 Ratings)??52 Grabs Today. 19391 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ??? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Frog and Toad and Logan...


Logan has been bitten by the reading bug. I suspect he has been able to read for quite some time but enjoyed the attention of someone reading to him. Who can blame him with three younger brothers? I picked up a book of Frog and Toad at a thrift store for $1.21 and although I had never heard of it I thought since it said Easy to Read that it would keep someone entertained around here. And I guess I should admit that it was book fair week at school and they were dying to buy books. A book fair with 4 kids is not a cheap excursion. The $30 that we spent there balanced out nicely with the new favorite used book for $1.21! Can you believe that I spent $30 on new paperback books that I haven't seen anyone read since the first day but the $1.21 used hardcover treasury collection is a big hit?! So anyway...Logan has been reading Frog and Toad aloud to me wherever he can catch me. I have heard it while in the shower, while cooking, while trying to watch tv...everywhere~! I have to admit I was a little excited when we were at story number 14 out of the 15 that it contains. My entertainment was almost over!! I mentioned it to my friend Theresa and she said these were a favorite of hers when she was growing up so I was glad that I had it. Well...Logan is a thinker and started wondering if the author had written any other Frog and Toad stories. I told him that we would go online and check sometime and maybe we could get more someday. Well...my children aren't really known for their patience and Logan was very persistent wanting to go online and look. Sure enough there was one more book and he wanted to save up and buy it. How can any parent make their child save for a book? I caved and we had a "date" last night and went to Barnes and Noble and bought it. He wrangled another book out of me too (about bugs...) but who can say no to an excited new reader?! Now to go and listen to 5 more Frog and Toad stories...

1 comments:

Theresa said...

My fvorite is the one where toaf decides to stay in bed forever...